Jodi's Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

From Go, go, go to Slow, slow, slow

Greetings blog readers,

Aug. 17 ended my go-go-go days at least for a while...... going up the basement steps with a box, thee most excruciating pain I've ever had (even worse than labor) attacked the back side of my right knee and made me scream intensely and fall forward. Daughter Lindsey came running down to see what was wrong. I continued to cry for a long time and was unable to move that leg for a long time.......still can't put full weight on it and have had a stream of dr. appointments, x-rays, and most recently an MRI with Pete, the great hubby, driving me all over. Plus, my parents have been great in the food and help department!!

Mostly I missed not being able to help any of the three Tucker "kids" move into their dorm or the sorority house or another house AND not going back to teach this first week of school. That has caused MAJOR crying out to God in frustration and dependence all in one cry!! If I had a sitting job, I would have gone back to work, but elementary music teaching is rarely a sit-down endeavor in combination with the playground and cafeteria duties, too. Anyway, it's brought me back more often to God......not that I just ignore Him on any given day, but the "Dependence Factor" is in high gear now instead of low gear.................not to mention all the verses about His ways/plans are not what our plans are..........So, I must continue with not teaching since using crutches is not an option for that and praying and crying out alot.

OK, enough of the pity party and onward to knowing that reading and realizing/comprehending the last few verses of Isaiah 40:28-31 is what this is all about........I will have them memorized in about another few days. These verses will take a lifetime to know in full. It's not about me, but Him!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger mysamiam said…

    Oh Jodi, so sorry to hear about your pain. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be being back teaching and everything. I will keep you on my prayer list ASAP!!! Hang in there!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home